Friday, June 6, 2014

Begin With the End in Mind

This week we went over the seven habits of Highly Effective people and the second habit has been on my mind lately. "Beginning with the end in mind," how does one do that? I find it hard at times to plan and set goals for the next month let a lone 30 years from now. I have always been shoot by the hip kind of person. I know goals are what can stretch us and help us achieve the unthinkable, or that's what I have been told. I guess what I am trying to say is that I flat out stink at setting goals period. Its a problem.

As I was sitting in class I pondered about the predicament I was in about the lack of direction in my life. It hit me and this concept became so clear to me now. "Begin with the end in mind" is like having a map with a clear destination on it. Even though this map does not have any clear roads or signs the destination is set. If I have a destination set and in place I can make my own road or path as long as I keep my eye on the prize.

I know this might seem like a no brainer, but it made some much more sense to me now. I now have a destination in mind. My first destination will be figuring out where I want to be 5 years from now. I thought it wise to discuss this with my wife because her opinion means everything to me and its pretty smart to involve your spouse when it comes to setting life goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment