Friday, May 30, 2014

Sound Advice

Every once and a while I will get that feeling of being lost within my own mind when it comes to what I'm going to do later on in life. This happens even if I already have an idea of what I want to be when I grow up. I will get really excited about an industry that I want to get into and I will learn a whole bunch about it, but then that certain feeling happens.

I currently have had a lot of interest in Real Estate and becoming a realtor and becoming a real estate investor. I feel excited and invigorated when I learn about things in that field of work and learning about real estate makes me want to learn more and more. About a week ago this all to familiar feeling of being lost came back to me. It was kind of annoying. Maybe apart of me doesn't want to settle with doing just one thing or having just one field of work. I want to be a web designer, a app developer, a videographer, one who works on start up businesses, and then a whole long list of a bunch of companies I would love to build. This is great thing, I've got a whole bunch of options, but its hard when you go to school and they are bushing you to be industry specific. How was I going to be able able to over come this feeling? The answer is mentors.

I was able to have very inspiring talks with a couple of my mentors this week. This is what has kept me grounded. I was able to learn more about the real estate industry and  possible job opportunities were presented to me. What I believe was the most sound advice of it all was the fact that I need to get my hands dirty. The best way I am going to accomplish this is to go do internships after internships. This will give me the best idea of what I really want to do in life and it will give me the hands on experience. It will ultimately put the learning that I am doing now at school into action. Building a network of support was one of the greatest things I could have done for myself. Now I can learn from other people that what I haven't learn myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment