I try to live my life in a way that my Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ are constantly on my mind. He is our Father and He loves us and wants to bless those who diligently seek Him. Knowing the true nature and character of God helps me come to know Him better and know that he is approachable. A scripture comes to mind, its found in the Book of Mormon in 2 Nephi chapter 32 versus 8 and 9, it reads "For if ye would hearken unto the Spirit which teacheth a man to pray, ye would know that ye must pray; for the evil spirit teacheth not a man to pray, but teacheth him that he must not pray. But behold, I say unto you that ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul."
To many times in my life I have left out God in my decisions. Since then I have repented, but am I going to Him for all of my needs? Is it wrong to pray for the guidance on what careers I should go into, or what risks should I take? No of course its not wrong to pray for these things. When we pray to our Heavenly Father and ask for his help and ask to be guided by the spirit He will answer us. If I follow these promptings I can be successful in my personal life and in my business life. I know these things are true because God wants me to be happy and have joy in this life. Yet this does not mean that I wont need to make hard decisions in my life because He will make them for me. There will be times where I will have to decide things on my own.
This was the most important thing that I studied this week. I have bee working on listening to the spirit on even the little things, like going up to someone and talking to them because I had the impression to. When I learn to trust the spirit the spirit can trust me to carry out what it leads me to do. This applies both in my personal and in my professional work endeavors.
To many times in my life I have left out God in my decisions. Since then I have repented, but am I going to Him for all of my needs? Is it wrong to pray for the guidance on what careers I should go into, or what risks should I take? No of course its not wrong to pray for these things. When we pray to our Heavenly Father and ask for his help and ask to be guided by the spirit He will answer us. If I follow these promptings I can be successful in my personal life and in my business life. I know these things are true because God wants me to be happy and have joy in this life. Yet this does not mean that I wont need to make hard decisions in my life because He will make them for me. There will be times where I will have to decide things on my own.
This was the most important thing that I studied this week. I have bee working on listening to the spirit on even the little things, like going up to someone and talking to them because I had the impression to. When I learn to trust the spirit the spirit can trust me to carry out what it leads me to do. This applies both in my personal and in my professional work endeavors.
No comments:
Post a Comment